1. Thank you for your interest in promoting the Getting Irish Business Online initiative (the “Initiative”). Google Inc (“Google”) and its affiliates have worked in collaboration with a number of partners including Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd (“Blacknight”) to provide tools and services related to the Initiative at www.gettingbusinessonline.ie (“GIBO Site”)
2. As an organisation which wishes to promote the Initiative ("Partner"), these terms and conditions and the Google universal terms of service (here: http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS), which are incorporated into this agreement by reference, govern your participation in the Initiative (together, “Terms”). By applying to become a Partner, you accept these Terms. You understand and agree that Google will treat your use of any services associated with the Initiative as acceptance of the Terms from the moment you start using those services onwards.
3. You agree that by signing up as a Partner, you give Google a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence to identify you as a Partner on the GIBO Site and related materials, and reproduce, display, and use your brand, logo and trademarks (“Your IP”) on the Initiative Site and in related materials for the duration of the Initiative. You agree that, following the termination of the Initiative or your involvement in it, for any reason, this licence will continue and Google will be allowed a reasonable time to remove Your IP from the GIBO Site and related materials.
4. If Google accepts your application to become a Partner, we will send you further information about the Initiative including a version of the Initiative logo that you can use on your website and a template html email concerning the Initiative. You may use these solely in accordance with any guidelines that we send you. You agree that participating in the Initiative does not give you any other rights to the term or mark "Getting Irish Business Online" or any Google brand, logo, trademark or other intellectual property.
5. You agree that you will not take any action which infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, and you warrant that your brand and logos do not infringe any third party intellectual property rights.
6. Any promotion of Partner events or services on the GIBO Site does not mean that your or any other Partner's events are endorsed by Google, Blacknight or Initiative partners or sponsors. You must not use Google's, Blacknight’s or any other Partner’s or sponsor's brand, logos, trademarks or other intellectual property without the relevant owner's prior written consent.
8. Google reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change portions of the Terms at any time without further notice. If Google does this, the new Terms will be posted on www.gettingbusinessonline.ie. Your continued use of the GIBO Site and associated materials after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new terms.
9. If you use the GIBO Site or any of the services offered through the GIBO Site in contravention of these Terms, or use or promote them against the spirit of the GIBO Initiative, any login you may have for the GIBO Site may be withdrawn from you, any rights or licences which you may have been granted by Google in relation to the Initiative will automatically terminate.
10. Google and/or its partners may end the Initiative at any time at their sole discretion without any liability to you.
11. You may withdraw your involvement in the Initiative and terminate this agreement at any time at your sole discretion.
12. Google may withdraw your involvement in the Initiative and terminate this agreement at any time at its sole discretion. If Google finds out that you have infringed anyone’s intellectual property rights, it will withdraw your involvement in the Initiative and terminate this agreement immediately.
13. To the extent permitted by law, neither party is liable to the other party for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages; and neither party shall be liable for more than €50,000 in total for any claim connected with the Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms limits your or Google’s liability for death or personal injury caused by your or Google’s negligence, or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
14. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, this will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
15. This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree that the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute (contractual or non-contractual) concerning these Terms except that either party may apply to any court for an injunction or other relief to protect its intellectual property rights.